Visit our diverse 20 acre farm for a family camping trip or unique stay along the Hume freeway. Murrnong is a perfect getaway from the city to reconnect with nature and animals, and enjoy the peacefulness under a starlit sky.
Enrich the farm stay experience with optional extras of farm tours and guided meeting of the animals. Farm produce available to purchase.
At Murrnong, camping sites are in the native forest, beside the orchard, at the end of the olive grove, or nestled between stone pines and carob trees. Powered camping is available for vans, trailers and motorhomes. There’s free fire wood available to collect around the farm and rainwater available in modest quantities. Children welcome, and well behaved dogs, both under your adult responsibility.
About the area
Peaceful sites within walking distance of train station and Violet Town shops, library, post office, public swimming pool, walking track, and health clinic. The second Saturday of the month has the big Violet Town market.
Within 30 km are beautiful Strathbogie ranges with granite country hiking, wildlife and natural swimming pools. Nearby Benalla has an art gallery, rose garden, NEA artisan crafts, Winton wetlands, and the Wall to Wall festival street art.
- Children are under parents’ responsibility.
- Take all your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Food scraps (free of plastic or other rubbish) can be put in the bucket provided by the farm house.
- Use water wisely (we’re on rainwater).
- Powered sites are available to use smaller appliances like lights, fridge and charging electronic devices, but not heating or cooling.
- Please don’t feed our animals, if you’d like to help feed them with us, let us know.
- Dogs welcome but to be kept away from farm animals and under close supervision.
- Observe total fire ban rules and the usual fire safety. Do not leave fires unattended.
- No hunting, shooting or fishing.